This week, Gloria takes another thoughtful look at the opportunities the COVID-19 pandemic and other unexpected situations present. By drawing from recent events in her own life and leadership, as well as other women leaders and companies that have managed to thrive in the last few months, Gloria drives home the importance of “being able to live and lead with uncertainty and ambiguity.” Her analysis of current events makes clear how ambiguity offers space for you to innovate and breakthrough with your most powerful ambitions.
If you love this podcast, please subscribe and leave a review via the mobile podcast app of your choice. It helps others find the show!
Read further on Gloria’s inspiring take on uncertainty:
- Get to know two powerhouse mayors who energized Take the Lead’s Power Up Conference: Coral Evans of Flagstaff, AZ, and Kate Gallego of Phoenix, AZ star in this highlights video from the conference. And along with Gallego, Lori Lightfoot of Chicago is one of only two female mayors of the top 12 cities.
- Learn more about the blue ocean strategy for strategic leadership that played a role in founding Take the Lead.
- Look at the latest performance indicators for two category-breaking companies: Zoom and Peloton
- Download the Annotated Transcript (PDF) of this podcast or read the web version here.
- Subscribe to Take The Lead This Week newsletter to stay up to date on all our events and offerings
- Bring Take The Lead leadership development programs to individuals and companies; inquire about how we can help you with solutions to accelerate women into and up through leadership
- Gloria’s book, No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power
Being inclusive doesn't end with simply being welcoming.
Leading inclusive conversations requires a new "language."
Get my new resource to help organizations like yours not just survive, but embrace these times of change & thrive.
FREE Language of Leadership Guide Book
GLORIA FELDT is the New York Times bestselling author of several books including No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power, a sought-after speaker and frequent contributor to major news outlets, and the Co-Founder and President of Take The Lead. People has called her “the voice of experience,” and among the many honors she has been given, Vanity Fair called her one of America’s “Top 200 Women Legends, Leaders, and Trailblazers,” and Glamour chose her as a “Woman of the Year.”
As co-founder and president of Take The Lead, a leading women’s leadership nonprofit, her mission is to achieve gender parity by 2025 through innovative training programs, workshops, a groundbreaking 50 Women Can Change The World immersive, online courses, a free weekly newsletter, and events including a monthly Virtual Happy Hour program and a Take The Lead Day symposium that reached over 400,000 women globally in 2017.