Articles Written By Gloria Feldt
Own Your Power With New Ways of Activism, Jewish Women International Magazine, Fall, 2012
- “Memo to Julia Louis-Dreyfus: How Veep Can Lead Without Power,” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, April 23, 2012.
- “Will Equal Pay Make You Submissive in Bed?” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, April 17, 2012.
- “Rometty’s Epic #FAIL to Lead at Augusta,” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, April 6, 2012.
- “Who Will the Women of Tomorrow Be?” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, April 2, 2012.
- Are You Angry Enough to Embrace Your Power to Act? (3 Signs You Are),” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, March 22, 2012.
- “Opinion Nation: Should Feminists Push the FCC to Get Limbaugh Off the Air?” by Gloria Feldt. The Nation, March 16, 2012 Note: This was a 2 part discussion. The series is in one article, scroll to find part 1 since it appears below part 2.
- “Wear the Shirt and Make Women’s History,” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, March 13, 2012.
- “What’s the Next Great Leap for Women?” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, February 29, 2012.
- “Fear Freeze: 9 Reasons (But No Excuses) Why I’m Late Writing My First Forbes Post,” by Gloria Feldt. Heartfeldt Leadership, a ForbesWoman blog, February 28, 2012.
- “Dems Need a Bachmann!” by Gloria Feldt. The Daily Beast, September 10, 2011.
- The ‘Friday Night Lights’ Rabbi, ” by Gloria Feldt. SisterHood Blog of The Jewish Daily Forward, August 8, 2011.
- “The Value of Women’s Work Can Change the Workplace,” by Gloria Feldt. BlogHer, April 6, 2011.
- “5 Tips to Carpe the Chaos and Thrive,” by Gloria Feldt. National Association for Female Executives News, January 20, 2011.
- “Giffords Tragedy: What’s the Message to Young Women?” by Gloria Feldt. Women’s Media Center, January 10, 2011. Reprinted by Suzanne Braun Levine.
- “How to Reclaim Your Power,” by Gloria Feldt. She’s Next, December 29, 2010.
- “How Women in the Jewish Workforce can Get Ahead,” by Gloria Feldt. Forward, November 30, 2010.
- “2010 Election Over; Seven-Point Plan for 2012,” by Gloria Feldt. Truthout, November 16, 2010.
- “Achieving 50/50 at Home,” by Gloria Feldt. Mom Corps, November 9, 2010.
- “Why Women are Fed Up,” by Gloria Feldt. The Daily Beast, October 29, 2010.
- “Time to Change How We Think About Power,” by Gloria Feldt. More.com, October 2010.
- “Women’s Big Power Struggle Now Lurks Within,” by Gloria Feldt. Women’s e-News, October 10, 2010.
- “No Temple in Temple,” by Gloria Feldt. Forward, September 29, 2010.
- “How to Become Fluent in the Language of Power,” by Gloria Feldt. More.com, September 2010.
- “Aniston-O’Reilly Tiff Mirrors Gender Disparities on Women’s
Equality Day,” by Gloria Feldt. TruthOut, Aug 26, 2010
- “On Friday Night Lights, a brave and honest abortion story,” by Gloria Feldt. The Washington Post, July 25, 2010
- “A Disturbing Failure to Lead” by Gloria Feldt. Salon.com, January 20, 2010
- Beyond Roe and Towards Human Rights for Women”, by Gloria Feldt. Democracy Journal, Winter, 2009.
- “Are You Happy with the Shape of Your Bikini Wax?” by Gloria Feldt. Truthout, October 2, 2009.
- “The Abortion Smokescreen,” by Gloria Feldt. The Daily Beast, September 5, 2009.
Like “death panels,” the right-wing’s insistence that Obamacare would bankroll abortions is just a means to an end—derailing health-care reform.
- “How To Become Fluent In the Language of Power,” by Gloria Feldt. More, September, 2009.
- “Penetrating Sotomayor’s Judicial Philosophy,” by Gloria Feldt and Diane Walsh. Pacific Free Press, June 2, 2009.
- “George Tiller Needs More Than Candlelight Vigils,” by Gloria Feldt. Salon.com, June 1, 2009.
The doctor’s murder is domestic terrorism, and Gloria explains that if our leaders don’t act boldly, there will be more violence.
- “Obama’s 100-Day Report Card,” by Gloria Feldt, et al. Salon.com, April 29, 2009.
- Bloggers, activists, economists and writers grade the president’s performance so far. Featuring Sen. Russ Feingold, Dan Savage, Markos, Michael Pollan, Gloria Feldt and many others.
- “To Run the Word, Power Up Feminism,” by Gloria Feldt. On the Issues Magazine, Spring 2009.
- “A Do-Over for Reproductive Justice,” by Gloria Feldt. On the Issues Magazine, January 26, 2009.
- “Where the Hell are All the Women?” by Gloria Feldt. ELLE, July 18, 2008.
Hillary Clinton’s historic run for president left “18 million cracks in the glass ceiling,” so where are the other female politicians who should be looking to shatter it?
- PBS, September 19, 2008.
Gloria debates the the qualifications, character, and treatment of John McCain’s vice-presidential pick with Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN).
- “Women Still Need a Day to Amplify our Voices,” by Gloria Feldt. Women’s e-News, March 7, 2008.
International Women’s Day is heading toward 100, a woman is vying for the White House and Gloria Feldt says we’re at a pivot point in women’s history. But the venerable event remains relevant as long as women are muffled, mocked and ignored.
- “Roe, 35 Years Later,” by Gloria Feldt, et al. Salon.com, January 22, 2008.
Salon asked leading feminists to talk about the court case that changed their lives, and why it matters more than ever.
- “Egg Initiatives Crack Open the Case Against Women,” by Gloria Feldt. Women’s e-News. January 8, 2008.
Activists in a handful of states are mustering ballot initiatives to give legal rights to fertilized eggs. Gloria says it’s a golden opportunity to rally voters in the ongoing battle over women’s right to their own childbearing decisions.
- “The Incredible Shrinking Woman,” by Gloria Feldt. July 5, 2007.
- In an exclusive online Q&A, Gloria reflects on the Supreme Court decision of Gonzales v Carhart–which upheld a federal law allowing Congress and state legislatures to criminalize a form of abortion without regard for the woman’s health—and what the ruling could mean for the future of abortion rights.
- “Margaret Sanger’s Obscenity,” by Gloria Feldt. New York Times, October 15, 2006.
- “Core Issue Missing in Birth-Control War Reports,” by Gloria Feldt. , August 26, 2011
Articles Featuring Gloria Feldt
- Influential Women Speak Out on the Election, Huffington Post. In this article, Marianne Schnall weaves a tapestry of very quotable quotes from influential women. November 9, 2012
- An Interview with Gloria Feldt: Talking Sanger, Fame, and the First Woman President, Margaret Sanger Papers Project Research Annex. Sydney Lakin asks and I answer some great questions. October 17, 2012
- Ashoka ChangeMakers, American Express Emerging Innovators Campaign, In an interview by Kristie Wang, Ashoka ChangemakHER Emily May discusses how Controversy Creates Change and names Gloria Feldt as a woman she admires. June 18, 2012
- Your Weekly St. Louis Bestseller List, No Excuses is Number 1 on the Adult Best Sellers List! Paul Friswald, River Front Times, March 19, 2012
- BETTY’s Workshop Series Stars Activist/Author Gloria Feldt at 92YTribeca. Manhattan Music reporter, Jim Bessman, reviewed the “politically charged, scintillating female pop trio’s 25th anniversary workshop series” for Examiner.com, March 18, 2012
- Whose Freedom on Contraception? “Today’s battles are a rerun of previous debates —and the right’s gotten better at defining the terms.”, says Irin Carmon Salon, March 15, 2012
- Ending the Downward Spiral on Women’s Rights Linda Hirshman incisively looks at why the women’s movement hasn’t made it to the finish line and suggests a path for getting there. Salon, February 24, 2012
- Birth Control: The Right’s Still Winning Sarah Posner analyzes recent pro-choice mobilization and says that the other side is in it for the long haul. Salon, Feb 23, 2012
- Juicy Tomatoes author Susan Swartz gets it that the anti-birth control folks are all about power –I am so excited! February 23, 2012
- Nine Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power. This is a great slideshow spotlighting the 9 Ways Powertools. BeliefNet.com, February, 2012
- “Woman of the Week: Gloria Feldt.” Women in the World Foundation, January 24, 2012
- “Are You Too Old for a Mentor? Midlifers may need mentors too – don’t be embarrassed to ask.” Style Goes Strong, January 23, 2012
- “I am Woman, Hear me Roar!” She Negotiates ForbesWoman blog, December 30, 2011
- “Gloria Who? To a Generation of Women She Was Martin Luther King, Jr.” by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes, August 12, 2011
- “Summer’s Eve’s ‘Hail To The Big V’ Campaign Deceives” by Anne Doyle. Forbes, July 26, 2011
- “Will America Kill the Equal Rights Amendment?” by Barbara Hannah Grufferman. The Huffington Post, July 9, 2011
- “Negotiating Strategic Partnerships by Putting Your Skin in the Game” by Lisa Gates. ForbesWoman/She Negotiates, July 6, 2011
- “Madonna and Me” About the Book – by Laura Barcella. Check this out–I’ve written a chapter for it and may soon be appearing in my bullet bra!
- “Bachmann, Palin and a new season for Sexism” by Deborah Siegel. CNN.com, July 5, 2011
- “Interivew: Gloria Feldt” by Ruthie Collins. Inspirational Woman Magazine, July/August 2011
- Executive Suite: Former Planned Parenthood Head Gloria Feldt Says “People Don’t Love You More Because You Have Sacrificed Yourself For Them” by Meredith Lepore, The Grindstone, June 21, 2011
- “What’s Good for Women is Good for Wal-Mart” by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes, June 21, 2011.
- HeartFeldt Blog Named one of “Top 25 Political Mom Blogs” by Circle of Mom’s. June 14, 2011
- “How to Write about Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann without invoking a catfight” by Joanne Bamberger. Poynter, June 1, 2011
- “Legions of Shriver supporters say future is bright” by Carla Marinucci. San Fransisco Chronicle, May 22, 2011.
- “Negotiating with Sister Courage for the Balance of Power and the Power of Balance” by Lisa Gates. Forbes, May 1, 2011
- “Why I Returned to the Women’s Movement–Part 1″ by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes, April 23, 2011.
- “Ms. Cottle Goes to Washington” by Ashle Briggs Thorton. Southwest Minneapolis Patch, April 1, 2011.
- “She Negotiates Life without Planned Parenthood” by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes, April 8, 2011.
- “Women’s History: Honoring Our Mentors,” by Reconstructing Law School, March 21, 2011.
- “Common Wisdom is not That Common,” by Lori Smith Schaefer. Nevada Appeal, March 16, 2011.
- “Interview with Gloria Feldt,” by Tara Pringle Jefferson. The Push Back, March 9, 2011.
- “Speak Up! Sister Lawyers! The Time is Now!” by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes, February 18, 2011.
- “Thinking Like a Student Can Impede Your Path to a Successful Career,” by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes, February 17, 2011.
- “Q&A with Author Gloria Feldt.” Arizona Daily Star, February 6, 2011.
- “Women, Power, and Politics: What Are You Willing to Do?” by Lily Blau. Huffington Post, January 28, 2011.
- “Katie Couric Feels Bad About Her Legs, And What That Has To Do With Hillary Clinton,” by Irin Carmon. Jezebel, January 26, 2011.
- “I don’t know how that woman got out of bed some days,” by Chloe Angyal. Feministing, January 24, 2011.
- “TGIF – Big Apple Treat for Women,” by John Brantley Hooks, IV. The Wealthy Woman’s Resource Guide, January 21, 2011.
- “How To Self-Promote Without Being A Jerk,” by Anna North. Jezebel, January 20, 2011.
- “The Gender Shift,” by Caroline Cox. Little Pink Book, January 18, 2011.
- “Gloria Feldt on Closing the Leadership Gap Now,” by Victoria Pynchon. Forbes.com, January 16, 2011.
- “Power Women Discuss Women, Power, Media and Political Leadership,” by Susan Majek. Sociable Susan Magazine, January 13, 2011.
- “8 rules for our new gender-based economy,” by Paul B. Farrell. Market Watch, January 11, 2011.
- “America’s 10 worst years start right now,” by Paul B. Farrell. Market Watch, January 4, 2011.
- “An Excuse to Give Up New Year’s Resolution,” by Gerit Quely. Style Goes Strong, December 30, 2010.
- “Gloria Feldt on 9 Ways to Embrace Your Power.” The Woman’s Eye, December 29, 2010.
- “Why Powerful Women Don’t Admit They’re Ambitious,” by Leslie Bennetts. ELLE Magazine, December 16, 2010.
- “NO EXCUSES: Gloria Feldt’s 9 Power Tools for Women,” by Manisha Thakor. Single Minded Women, December 2010.
- “Feldt Addresses Issues of Women’s Inequality,” by Lindsay Gus. The Tulane Hullabaloo, November 30, 2010.
- “Are Women or Communal Structures to Blame for Economic Disparities?” by Elana Maryles Sztokman. Forward, November 11, 2010.
- “On Balance, Progress for Women,” by Connie Schultz. Cleveland Plain Dealer, November 2, 2010.
- “Me, a Feminist?” by Carolyn Semendo. AAUW Dialogue, November 1, 2010.
- “Feldt Looks at Women’s Complex Relationship with Power,” ASU News, November 1, 2010.
- “Gloria Feldt on Women, Careers and the Power We Possess To Benefit Both,” by Jill Miller Zimon. Blogher, October 27, 2010.
- “30 Political Mom Bloggers Who Will Change Your Vote,” by Jeanne Sager. The Stir, October 25, 2010.
- “Women and Power and the Problem With the 2010 Forbes World’s Most Powerful Women,” by Linda Lowen. About.com, October 8, 2010.
- “Women’s Roadblock to Power: Themselves,” a Q and A with Wency Leung from The Globe and Mail. September 27, 2010.
- “Girls Don’t Cry: Hazards of Campaigning While Female,” by Maureen Corrigan. National Public Radio, September 21, 2010
- “What is Feminism? Just Ask Gloria Feldt,” by Sarah Taylor-Spangenberg. Zelda Lily: Feminism in a Bra, September 18, 2010.
- “Sarah Palin and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Political Moms,” by Joanne Bamberger. The Stir: Cafe Mom, September 9, 2010.
Women to proactively support, lift up, and connect with each other for the common sisterhood. We routinely do that in our everyday lives when it comes to juggling work and kids and husbands and parents and everything else. So why not when we’re talking about our own political good?
- “Crossing the Line,” by Laura Tillman. The Nation, August 26, 2010.
Women will only be able to end the stigma that surrounds abortion by speaking their truth and holding their heads up when they walk out of an abortion clinic.
- “Support Motherhood,” by Kevin Burke. Media Post, August 25, 2010.
We don’t have to do everything. If we all do something, then we are making progress. Voices that once may have gone unheard are now gaining attention through blogging and other forms of social media.
- “All Style, No Substance?” by Courtney E. Martin. The American Prospect, August 23, 2010.
Feminists have a fraught relationship with Michelle Obama’s political agenda — or lack thereof.
- “Beyond The Bedroom: What The Birth Control Pill Really Did For Women,” by Hannah Seligson. Forbes, May 12, 2010.
- “Are Working Women Mean?” by Liz O’Donnell. The Glass Hammer, May 21, 2009
- “Equal Pay Day,” by Liz O’Donnell. The Glass Hammer, April 28, 2009.
- “Leaders Managing the Media,” by Matthew Kirdahy. Forbes, September 5, 2008.
Gloria speaks about Sarah Palin’s convention speech presentation from a leadership perspective.
- “Life Sentence,” by Sarah Blustain. The New Republic, August 27, 2008.
Gloria tells a personal story about how John McCain abuses his power in this detailed article by about the 2008 Republican nominee for president.
- “Four Feminists Tackle Harvard,” by Esther I. Yi. Harvard Crimson, April 20, 2008.
- “Review of Send Yourself Roses,” by Barbara Yost. Arizona Republic, March 26, 2008.
- “Panelists Want Views of Feminism to Change.” Central Michigan Life, March 19, 2008.
- “Female Voters Refuel Clinton’s Comeback Machine,” by Allison Stevens. Women’s e-News, March 5, 2008.
- “What ‘Juno’ Says About Teen Pregnancy, Abortion, and Choice,” by Linda Lowen. About.com, February 25, 2008.
- “Meet Gloria Feldt,” by Kristine Hedlund. Phoenix Woman Magazine, November/December 2007.
- “Roe v. Wade Remains a Defining Issue,” by Angela Cara Pancrazio. Arizona Republic, May 21, 2007.
- “Interview with Gloria Feldt,” by Richard Farson. International Leadership Forum, December 2005.
International Leadership Forum Founder Dick Farson interviews Gloria on leadership.
- “Women’s Right to Choose is Hanging in the Balance .” Jewish Woman, Spring 2005.
- “How a Teenage Mom Came To Lead Top Group for Reproductive Choice,” by Lisa Keys. The Jewish Daily Forward, February 21, 2003.
- “Planned Parenthood’s 25-Year Plan,” by Keith Hammonds. Fast Company, January 31, 2002.
Fast Company Magazine interview on how Gloria led a movement to create a bold new long term vision for the future.
- “Four Decades of the Birth Control Pill,” by Jeanie Lerche Davis. WebMD, May 8, 2000.
WebMD talks to Gloria about the impact of the birth control pill.