Photo: Victoria Pynchon organized and moderated our panel at SC Women Lawyers Assoc. with the two Glorias and (not shown) Shelby Knox and Jamia Wilson.
- Professor Anita Hill on the topic of “Looking Back 30 Years at Advancements of Women in the Legal Profession.”
- The legendary Gloria Steinem and nationally renowned activist and author, Gloria Feldt, participating in a panel discussion on “What’s Next for Working Women.”
- Another panel of local women leaders discussed developing leadership skills
- Political consultant/motivational speaker, Deb Sofield, revealed the “Unspoken Rules of the Game.”
- Other speakers contributed their thoughts to the evolving roles and rights of women in the workplace and community.
Event organizers promised a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of influential women and both participants and presenters delivered on the promise.
Thurs. 10/21: Columbia, SC
SCWLA’s 2011 Conference – Women Lawyers and Leadership
GLORIA FELDT is the New York Times bestselling author of several books including No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power, a sought-after speaker and frequent contributor to major news outlets, and the Co-Founder and President of Take The Lead. People has called her “the voice of experience,” and among the many honors she has been given, Vanity Fair called her one of America’s “Top 200 Women Legends, Leaders, and Trailblazers,” and Glamour chose her as a “Woman of the Year.”
As co-founder and president of Take The Lead, a leading women’s leadership nonprofit, her mission is to achieve gender parity by 2025 through innovative training programs, workshops, a groundbreaking 50 Women Can Change The World immersive, online courses, a free weekly newsletter, and events including a monthly Virtual Happy Hour program and a Take The Lead Day symposium that reached over 400,000 women globally in 2017.