Dear Powered Woman,
I am writing a book entitled No Excuses that explores women’s relationship with power and why this is the moment to use our “power-to” for good in life and leadership.
I have one chapter in that gives nine specific Power Tools women can use to make changes they want in their workplace, in politics or civic life, or in a personal relationship, with concrete examples of what has worked, or what you tried and it didn’t work but you learned from it.
The Power Tools are:
Know Your History (and you can shape your future)
Define the terms—first
Use what you’ve got
Carpe the chaos (chaos is opportunity)
Wear the shirt (of your convictions)
Create a movement
Employ every medium
Tell your story
It can be something large or small–they are all valid and important. You can also send photos or video for website use if you wish.
To participate, just answer these questions, initial the release, and e-mail them back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you are welcome to share them now in the comments section below. Brief but specific answers are best:
1. Was there a moment when you knew you had the “power to”? If so, please tell me about when, where, how, and why it happened, and what you did as a result.
2. What action have you taken–workplace, civic life or politics, or personal life–that you would share with other women looking for inspiration and “Power Tools” to live or lead with intention? What motivated you and what was the result?
3. Your name and business or affiliation:
Phone #: e-mail address: website:
Links, if desired, to any additional information about your story:
4.Thanks so much for your contributions to my upcoming book, No Excuses, to be published by Seal Press, fall 2010. I will treat your words and material carefully and I know they will inspire many women. I can’t promise that all will make it into the book, but I will also have a website where I will make sure to highlight every one of them and link to your site if you have one.
Kindly initial this release here, as required by my publisher, to indicate your permission for me to use them:__________. I hereby give and grant to the author, Gloria Feldt, her agents and representatives, full right and permission to use, publish in such form as they shall deem appropriate, including book form, and to copyright same, all information, interview comments, and original material which I have submitted to her. By this consent and authorization, I release and forever discharge the author, her agents and representatives, from any and all claims arising out of their use of such material.
Warmest Regards and Much Appreciation,
Latest posts by Gloria Feldt (Posts)
- The Evolution of Male-Female Relationships: An Interview with Leon Silver - October 13, 2015
- The Power of the Infinite Pie: a Legacy Love Story - September 21, 2015
- Quick! What’s Happening August 26, Really? - August 25, 2015